View Single Post
Old 05-25-16, 11:01 AM   #1
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Default Floatair PWC lift

I bought a PWC Floatair lift over the weekend. It is $1,400 for a new lift like this one.

This one was being sold for $200. But some of the steel that stays below the water line needed replaced.

I found a surplus metal place down town Greenville. I was able to buy stainless steel 2” square tubing and 1”1/2 inch flat bar and some 3” flat bar all for $1 a pound. All parts cost $75 I ordered some stainless steel mig welding wire for $25. I will be putting my welder back to work.
The metal that rusted out was not stainless steel so this all should last much longer.

It is similar to this one.

A side note these operate with a pretty cool design. They use a whole house vacuum blower motor (in the white box in the picture) to blow air into the tank this displaces the water out a hole that is in the bottom of the tank. The air lifts the Jet Ski out of the water. Then when it is time to ride you just turn a valve this lets out the air and let’s water in this sinks the dock. Very simple.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 07-19-16 at 01:39 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote