View Single Post
Old 12-08-12, 10:17 PM   #9
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

[scratch]If this device loses power does it lose it's tuning and temperature settings?[/scratch]
Edit: Nevermind you said "It will remember its settings when unplugged." already.

Here's the scenario. My refrigerator in my low ambient kitchen(human comfort, what's that?) and the refrigerator needs to be set at a colder temperature than usual to actually run often enough to keep the freezer at a safe temperature(even though it's set to the coldest freezer setting) but sometimes the setting runs the freezer even colder than it needs to be(and the refrigerator nearly freezing the contents). Would I be able to use this wired into the compressor circuit and setting the refrigerator thermostat at the coldest I want it to be so that if the freezer didn't quite make it to the temperature.

My freezer is cooling to negative temperatures sometimes but also spiking 5 degrees above where I consider it safe in a 15 degree swing when during the summer the refrigerator runs more often at a similar ~15 minute duration.

Basically I've been nudging the refrigerator to a colder temperature if I see it's getting to warm and if it even gets too cold in the freezer I nudge it back up. I'm not really looking to freeze my refrigerator contents by keeping the freezer "always safe" but I don't want the refrigerator to be any colder than it needs to be. Seems like a good solution if this would sounds viable.

Last edited by MN Renovator; 12-08-12 at 10:21 PM..
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote