View Single Post
Old 12-22-09, 09:55 PM   #1
Skerz
Lurking Renovator

Default Indoor Dryer Vents

I put this in the conservation forum but, feel free to move it if necessary.

I have been reading on these and most dislike them and builders say they are a bad idea because of particulates introduced into the air and the amount of moisture that accumulates in the air.

I think for approx. $30 I am going to give this little gadget a try.

Here in the midwest, winters are COLD and DRY we live in a little cape cod 1 3/4 story house that is quite efficient but, the laundry area is unfinished and closed off from the rest of the house with just one heat vent outlet into the apprx. 300 sq ft utility room.

Each winter our house constricts due to the lack of moisture so, we could use a bit of humidification..and I will see what I can do about rigging up some kind of filter to cut down on the particulate discharge. Will probably just set it up in the utility sink next to the W/D.

I am just looking for opinions and to see if anyone else had tried one these or a variation.

On the surface it seems to make sense...Capture and keep the HEAT and MOISTURE from the dryer in the home when it is needed (winter) and then vent outdoors in the summer months.

Heat Saver Tee
Indoor Lint Trap Filter for Clothes Dryers

Opinions
Has anyone used an indoor dryer vent? - Yahoo! Answers

Is it OK to vent a dryer indoors? - MLive.com

Skerz is offline   Reply With Quote