View Single Post
Old 01-03-20, 02:26 PM   #5
Daox
Administrator

I hooked up my kill-a-watt to the TV the other night. The TV started up and was using close to 100W right off, then it slowly came down to about 45W. I messed around with the settings and really wasn't able to do much better with it. I setup a custom profile and went through their wizard for setting color, brightness, tint, etc. I purposely set the back light and brightness down lower than the eco setting. However, it didn't seem to help a ton. With the settings at zero, the TV was consuming 23W. However, it was way too dark for good viewing. This is a bit more power hungry compared to my old Samsung 46" LED TV, and it was around the same vintage. The Samsung used a respectable 36W after tweaking.

So, with the settings I have it at, it uses about 45W in use. Not bad, but I was hoping for a bit better than that. I do wonder how much more or less efficient the new LEDs are than the OE ones? I can only imagine their quality isn't quite as good. The reflectors on the LEDs were not as big, and didn't seem quite as nice either, so I can only assume other corners were cut as well. However, it is a nice TV and for the price I am certainly not complaining!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote