View Single Post
Old 02-25-12, 09:56 PM   #12
S-F
You Ain't Me

Unless your room leaks like a sieve you aren't going to need to worry about this stuff. You saw that strider managed to get a noticeable response all over his house with just two box fans in a fixed location. If you move them room to room the pressure will be enough. When I set up the blower door I'm always thinking that this tiny little fan can't possibly move enough air to effect the 2,500 Sq Ft house I'm working on. WRONG! When I'm upstairs in a 3,500 Sq Ft house I know if someone else fires up the blower door because my ears start popping and dust from every nook and cranny starts flying in a certain direction. It doesn't take as much as I'd think to pressurize or depressurize a house. Now imagine what your bath/range fan or you dryer/furnace are doing.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chipping away on a daily basis.

Quote:
You know you're an ecorenovator if anything worth insulating is worth superinsulating.
Quote:
S-F: "What happens when you slam the door on a really tight house? Do the basement windows blow out?"

Green Building Guru: "You can't slam the door on a really tight house. You have to work to pull it shut."
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote