View Single Post
Old 08-13-14, 12:04 AM   #3
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMCF View Post
At a simplistic level I would assume that the efficiency of my GSHP is similar to these mini splits, so the main factor is the temperature of the heat source (ground or air). For most of the winter the ground will be considerably warmer than the air. Does this mean the splits would only be more efficient during short intervals at the start and end of the heating system when the air is warmer than the ground? So is it worth fitting them or would I be better off re-selling them?
I would guess that if your GSHP was properly installed, it is more efficient and will be far more reliable than your used mini-splits.

In other words, regarding your GSHP, you are pretty much already in heaven, you can't get much better than that.

However, if you are of such a disposition that you just crave getting in and thrashing around and making things work, simply for the joy of it, then there are many people here that can help make your life a lot more complex and interesting... but probably not more efficient.

It's your call...

Best,

AC_Hacker