View Single Post
Old 10-01-17, 08:14 PM   #38
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

I just realized that I missed a few of the posts about Solaredge because I was off on a vacation at the end of August.

I have had my Solaredge system since my system was installed in November 2014. Nearly 3 years later the whole system(Solaredge inverter, Solaredge optimizers, SolarWorld PV, and an eGauge) have been operating flawlessly.

I have 3.36kw of modules on the roof and a Solaredge 3kw unit. It says on the box that it's 3.3kw maximum but I've seen it push up to a cap of 3,395 and 3,454 watts(separate days) without getting near the published derating temperatures on a few cool clear days with full sun. When it was at 3395 watts, my eGauge confirmed it. This might be higher if the unit current limits because my supply voltage is consistently near 245 volts day and night.

I like the Solaredge system versus using Enphase because I didn't want to put electrolytic capacitors on my roof and heard enough of the Enphase failures and didn't want to pull panels to get to Enphase units when the hot caps fail. I also didn't want to go with only a string inverter because I clean the solar panels in the winter and I get better output when I don't get all the white snow and ice off with the optimizers. I can actually see the output climb during the time I was clearing the panels off. With a string inverter I wouldn't bother because I'd need them to be perfectly clean to get any decent output. The Solaredge system was cheaper than the Enphase system too and if you want the monitoring that's built in, you don't need to pay for it like you do with the Enphase system.

I also like it because unlike other string inverters, this one is compatible with the NEC fast shutdown requirement and works with any of the four shutoff switches in my system(the outdoor electrical disconnect, the breaker, the inverter off switch, or the inverters DC disconnect knob).
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MN Renovator For This Useful Post:
nokiasixteth (10-01-17)