View Single Post
Old 08-24-19, 11:05 AM   #31
Daox
Administrator

I got my dc-dc converters last night. So, I printed up a little bracket for them. It went quick and easy and they fit great.

I started tinkering with them this morning. I started by connecting the dc-dc converters up to the battery bank with alligator clips. I then set the open circuit output voltage to 5V for the USB.

I was delightfully surprised that the dc-dc converter power draw with no load is a very low ~.35 mA. This will eliminate the need to switch them off and keep things simpler. It will loose .014 Ah per day with the two dc-dc converters hooked up. I think this is acceptable.

I also hooked up an old phone to the circuit. As expected, it started charging at about 5W.

However, when I plugged my newer phone into the charger it also charged at only 5W. I specifically got dc-dc converters that can handle more power output so I can charge at faster rates. So, I need to figure out what is required to activate the faster charging. If you guys have any info on this it would be much appreciated.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote