View Single Post
Old 08-11-11, 09:18 PM   #4
Geo NR Gee
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Ok, just received word that we can use the portable well drilling machine. Its small and narrow and able to drill up to 5" holes. I was given a demonstration today and it went down 10' in a matter of 2 minutes.

It didn't hit any hard pan or rocks, so it really wasn't much of a demo, but at least we could see it in action. Its a hydro-drill and here is the link to the model 2001. HD2001 - Deep Rock Manufacturing My friend bought the setup for $1250.

My biggest concern is if we are going to put in a ground loop system, and went down 100' per borehole, and had a 4-5" bore opening, how many loops in each borehole could you have or that would be efficient?

Looks like some of the info is here... http://welldrillingschool.com/course...geothermal.pdf

If my heating requires a 3 ton unit, my idea is to bore one hole. Set it up like AC did and pump water down and up to get an idea of the exchange temperatures. Then thats where I need help in figuring out how to decifer the info. I can't remember how long you need to wait until the temperature is stable? There needs to be an index on AC's heat pump manifesto.
Geo NR Gee is offline   Reply With Quote