View Single Post
Old 06-15-14, 02:27 AM   #4
osolemio
Hong Kong

Thank you for your fast replies!

I am aware of the efficiency curve, and indeed, I intend to keep these panels (and the fluid), really cool. And I can do so, as I have extensive heat storage facilities, over 1500 kWh of annual heat storage, as well as over 1000 USG of water storage, and other medium term heat storage possibilities.

The thermal peak power is around 10kW, although I might be able to tweak it even higher, given my extensive cold storage (into the ground).

The panels aren't suitable for drainback, as the way they are designed one cannot be assured they drain properly. I am stuck with some kind of anti-freeze, possibly IPA spirit or similar, trying not to have to use glycol for various reasons.

The curcuit for solar panels will be separate from all the other heat storage, which will all be water based, so the volume of the anti-freeze liquid isn't too much (compared to the 1000+ USG for the rest of the system).