View Single Post
Old 07-05-12, 12:13 PM   #7
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

The only benefit that I see is that you don't have to deal with fuel preservation issues of gasoline with ethanol where the fuel gums up over time and clogs carb jets. Also don't have to deal with grabbing a funnel, cleaning the all the accumulated crap out of it and pouring gas. I wouldn't mind running my lawn mower and snowblower off of propane and ditching the gas cans altogether. ...I decided to go battery electric instead but the electric snowblower is still a work in progress due to costs involved with getting the right capacity and voltage of LiPo batteries for it and a good relay that can handle switching the DC voltage on and off. The battery lawn mower works great though although I'm currently looking to replace its charger to a simpler single-unit one which is in the mail on its way to me at the moment. Propane would be cheaper though but I like to snowblow and mow the lawn on my schedule which is offensive to the neighbors when its too early in the morning and they are sleeping if I'm looking to do it when the sun is rising and the temperatures are still comfortable outside on a hot day.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote