View Single Post
Old 02-10-16, 03:42 AM   #256
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgottapee View Post
Unless you installed one, doubtful you have a pan heater as it's optional equipment - likely because the juice would kill the efficiency ratings, and to cut costs.
I've only seen the Fujitsu offer a couple models that come with it installed, and the HSPF numbers do drop, although the latest model they seem to have implemented some logic around that (hopefully it's realistic in the field).

Can anyone shop at Johnstone supply?
Do they need you to be licensed HVAC to honor warranty?
It looks like for the most part, as new models come out yearly, that parts will be just as much as new replacement; if only one didn't have to re-vacuum

I installed a surge suppressor on the disconnect box of the minisplit for about $30; mounts on the knockout. similar:
https://www.zoro.com/square-d-surge-...75/i/G0447772/
I also have a whole house Eaton one that integrates into the Eaton panel.
I doubt they help/prevent that much, but wanted to do it.

I did have to open up the outside box once for a blown fuse. I think I got to aggressive with the cleaning and water caused an arc. Surge suppressors on the power supply lines did no good for the line interconnected the inside and outside, but at least they did put a replaceable fuse on it.
Looked at the wiring diagram & it shows 1 heater for compressor and 1 heater for chassis .

Johnstone is wholesale only . We have bought a few things from them for years . Mainly relays and things like that .

I bought both of out MS's from them .

If you walk in the door and pay cash , they may or may not ask if you are a contractor ?

I have ordered the Sq D SDSA1175 off of EBay & plan to install it on our main ( outdoor ) panel .

I do have an EPA card , but they never asked to see it . Even when I bought R22 for our old central air condenser . You do not have to have an EPA card to buy R410a or R 134a .

The component on the board , that blew , I have no idea what it was ?

I bought a vacuum pump years ago , when I installed the central A/C system . So vacuuming a system down is no big deal . I also have used it several times on automotive A/C systems .

The biggest problem with replacing the condenser unit may be getting the exact unit at some latter date . Or one close enough to communicate with the indoor unit . I have thought about that and have no solid answer .

This market is changing rapidly . I would not be surprised if last years model may be unavailable a year latter ?

Replacing both the indoor unit and the outdoor unit would involve re-doing the line set .

God bless
Wyr
Attached Images

WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote