View Single Post
Old 02-09-16, 08:48 PM   #254
ctgottapee
Helper EcoRenovator

Unless you installed one, doubtful you have a pan heater as it's optional equipment - likely because the juice would kill the efficiency ratings, and to cut costs.
I've only seen the Fujitsu offer a couple models that come with it installed, and the HSPF numbers do drop, although the latest model they seem to have implemented some logic around that (hopefully it's realistic in the field).

Can anyone shop at Johnstone supply?
Do they need you to be licensed HVAC to honor warranty?
It looks like for the most part, as new models come out yearly, that parts will be just as much as new replacement; if only one didn't have to re-vacuum

I installed a surge suppressor on the disconnect box of the minisplit for about $30; mounts on the knockout. similar:
https://www.zoro.com/square-d-surge-...75/i/G0447772/
I also have a whole house Eaton one that integrates into the Eaton panel.
I doubt they help/prevent that much, but wanted to do it.

I did have to open up the outside box once for a blown fuse. I think I got to aggressive with the cleaning and water caused an arc. Surge suppressors on the power supply lines did no good for the line interconnected the inside and outside, but at least they did put a replaceable fuse on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrTwister View Post
Talking about pan heaters , looking down into the Friedrich ( I thought I dropped a screw down there ) I think I saw heat tape attached to the inside bottom of the metal case .

God bless
Wyr

PS - I am considering installing a whole house surge suppressor .
ctgottapee is offline   Reply With Quote