View Single Post
Old 02-06-16, 04:45 PM   #252
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

The new Friedrich 16 SEER 1 ton 120 VAC mini split we installed in our bedroom , last spring , quit a few weeks ago .

When it warmed up a little , I pulled the top off the outside unit ( indoor unit was giving an error code that meant comm error .

There is only one board in the outdoor unit . A component blew . Do not know why , unless we had lightning or power flicker / surge during a snow storm ? The schematic shows a surge suppressor in the power input side .

Went to Johnstone & they ordered a board . Took a couple of weeks to arrive . We bought the equipment on sale , so it turned out the purchase price ( sale ) for the outdoor unit was close to the price for the board . I was not impressed with that .

Luckily , the equipment has a 5 year warranty , so the board was in warranty . I paid for the board up front . Went home and swapped out the board & started it up . I wanted to do it one wire at a time .

Praise the Lord ! Seems to be working fine . :-)

Took the old board back to Johnstone and they refunded my money , back to my cars . Thank you Johnstone . :-)

That is probably one advantage of purchasing locally .

Hope you have good luck finding a board at a reasonable price . Is yours in warranty ? If not , check on the purchase price of a new unit ?

God bless
Wyr
Attached Images

WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote