View Single Post
Old 07-14-10, 04:48 PM   #22
wyatt
Helper EcoRenovator

Cordless Powered Reel Mower (Old Model, Discounted) $350
Cordless Powered Reel Mower (New Model, Out of Stock) $400 with free grass catcher
13" Reel Mower (Refurbished) $120 (discontinued, newer model is $210)
Front throwing, non-grass crushing (before you cut it), up to 4" cutting height $250
You can search for "Scotts Classic 20" and find a 20" mower. Of course, you can search for any/all of the above online, maybe find a better deal, or maybe even find them locally. I really like the innovations on the Fiskar's mower, I don't think I would get any (enough) benefit out of a motor operated reel... but that's just me. I got the $20 reel mower on Craigslist, and figured if I hate it, I can sell it again for $20... If I love it with the exception of a few things (it throws fresh cut grass on my shoes), maybe look into getting a "better" one... or maybe I just make a grass catcher. For now, this one fits the bill quite nicely.
Also, I see that I posted two times before... not sure how that happened...

Ryland, how much gel do you get with the kit? Enough to sharpen a mower several times? You did two mowers right? Enough left over for several more times? I don't really need the handle since I will be using the drill, maybe some place sells just the gel... I can get cheap paint brushes anywhere, or use a rag...
wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote