View Single Post
Old 03-30-18, 12:56 PM   #2
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

When sizing / pricing DC wire today The math indicates at 3% loss 8 Gauge at 33 feet is suitable for 30A @ 48 volts / 1440w. I foresee having 800w to 1200 watts eventually.

To get the ball rolling ordered 100 feet of Marine tinned 8 gauge wire from Amazon.ca

Manufactured from individual copper strands tinned to perform in the harshest marine environment.

Ultra-Flexible type 3 stranding resists fatigue from vibration and provides added corrosion protection

Exceeds all UL 1426, us coast guard charter boat (CFR title 46) and ABYC standards

The green was reduced down in price to $87 + tax for 100' so green it will be ( I will color code it ).

One step closer next is disconnects fuses and 2 more 100w panels from there its battery storage. Im thinking of using a old set of batteries salvaged from a golf courses and people who have upgraded their PV system.

*Finding cheap usable batteries is going make this cost effective* Im about $500 deep now and need to spend say $300 more on 2 panels and disconnects etc , then it will be ready for batteries

The wire calculator I used > http://www.solar-wind.co.uk/cable-sizing-DC-cables.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote