View Single Post
Old 07-16-12, 12:31 PM   #7
Exalta-STA
Apprentice EcoRenovator

@S-F and Daox
Ah yes proper ventilation, for the meantime I attached springs so the doors spring open when not locked and opened the windows..they were shut for as long as i remember. Smells better inside now.Thanks!

@MarkM
Saw your advice and will get epoxy later and do the sawdust mix you stated on the upstairs wooden door. I may have repaint the whole door after curing the epoxy for cosmetic and surface protection purposes..maybe add a sealer before repainting will help

@Patrick and AC Hacker
That's exactly what I did earlier!You read my mind! I went walking along the back road and was able to find a row of artisan shops that specialize in woodworking...(i mentioned them in some thread before making furniture from crate wood) they suggested I get marine plywood if i want to make a light panel door or have one made out of mahogany or narra (local hardwoods) and I chose the old timer...he reminds me of my grandpa and I saw that he was supporting his grandchildren (they were sanding some cabinets while grandpa was cutting wooden boards)

So far the price is quite good, given the fact he will also supply me with the door, door casings, hinges for less than $75 for a full wood door.

anyway, I'll go back there once I get my funds in place and see what's up. I'll post if there's any updates. Thanks!

PS: What do you guys use to "seal" or coat wood surfaces with to prevent moisture from seeping in?
Exalta-STA is offline   Reply With Quote