View Single Post
Old 07-10-17, 10:26 AM   #9
SentinelAeon
Lurking Renovator

Ator: I agree, still it was a question that was really bothering me so i am happy i got the answers

I have another, non related question. See image below. We have to identical boxes, 50x50x50 cm, we have 1 intake fan 12x12cm on 2000rpm, we have 100W heating element that is turning on/off every 30 minutes (working half the time), we have 200g aluminum heatsink on that heating element. We add 1l of water in closed plastic bottle, room temperature, into 1 of the boxes.
Am i right in assuming that the second box, with added water, will be cooler ? The way i see it: since we add 1l of water, the heater will have a lot more mass to heat in that 30 minutes. Therefor the temperature of the box after 30 minutes will be lower then the first box with no water. And this holds not only after first cycle but after 10, 100, 1000 cycles, because in that 30 minutes the heater is off, that fan has enough time to cool down the bottle to room temperature or at least close. Granted plastic bottle is a very bad heat conductor, but just as fan will have trouble cooling the water through the plastic, the same way heater will have trouble heating it.

Am i right in assuming this ? Or will both boxes have same temperature after 10, 100 or 1000 cycles ?

SentinelAeon is offline   Reply With Quote