View Single Post
Old 08-25-15, 11:49 AM   #15
NeilTheCop
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Of course, if you are convinced that the news we get in the US is the best in the world, this would not be an attractive feature.
ROKU with Euronews. It shows the world is going to hell while all the US news is showing is a skateboarding dog and Kim Kardashian

Quote:
I have discovered that there is wonderful cultural content that is available from BBC, that is not available if your geo-location is not in the UK. And if you don't know this, the BBC content that is available through PBS is pre-filtered by BBC (what do they want US audiences to see) and also by PBS (what do they want US audiences to see), so we never see the amazing, rich, and sophisticated content that is daily fair in the UK. This has given me a glimpse into the impact of "free TV", and what a terrific price we pay for it in terms not only of the intentionally deadening effect of continual bombardment of commercial messages, but even more insidious, the invisible censorship wielded by commercial sponsors. If we really had a democratic government that was sensitive to the will of the people, this would not be our fate.
A man after my own heart.
But have you noticed when watching a PBS program that it starts with a small segment showing what the program is about and then immediately goes to a series of ads for cars, trucks, insurance etc. Oh sorry, they can't be ads because this is commercial free public television. Yeah right
NeilTheCop is offline   Reply With Quote