View Single Post
Old 09-27-17, 12:31 PM   #7
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

I found a YouTube video of a guy controlling a washer motor (and its dedicated control) over a serial interface with his laptop:

This looks very promising indeed! I haven't had time to rig anything up, as the summer has been busy at the real job, plus all of the front load washers I've encountered have been very economical (and profitable) to repair and flip. Doing this gig this summer, I've learned that most all of the people with these derelict units will literally try to give them to you once you show up with a truck and a dolly! On that note, at first, I had people actually get rude with me because I didn't try to knock them down on price...like 50 bucks wasn't cheap enough already! Now when I show up, I immediately ask how low they can go on the price. Dickering and such commences...

I was looking for something on the protocol and such for the motor control for a (whirlpool duet sport) Kenmore HE2 plus washing machine. I have a unit with a dead motor and a serial communication error code. The thing is too cherry to rip its guts apart: there are many somebodys out there who will literally trample each other racing to pick the unit up when it gets fixed and listed for under $200. The unit obviously got something corrosive spilled into the control board, and some traces got ate. I will be doing a quick analysis once the thing gets running again, even if it needs another control board. jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote