View Single Post
Old 02-07-16, 12:31 PM   #16
pletby
Renewable Energy Nut

Okay, I've finally got my act together and am posting the pictures I have from the construction of the actual panel.

The photos start well after I started construction of the box, unfortunately I didn't start taking pictures right away. This will give you an idea of how I went about things I hope.

Here's my workshop. I've just finished assembly of the box and installed the insulation. Wiggle strips are just laid in place to give me an idea of how things will look.

Apparently I ran out of paint at this point... Stick across the panel is to support the glazing in the middle as it flexes quite a bit. Attaching here will stiffen it up.

I used a table saw to cut the insulation strips nice and straight.

This is where the panel sat for about 2 years before I got sick and tired of it being in the way. Note to self: finish what you start...

Note foil tape used to seal cut edges of insulation. Also note extra holes: I had envisioned this box holding aluminum pipe absorber at the beginning, then changed my mind. Holes were easily filled with leftover circles and caulked into place.

Installing the bug screen. I used a staple gun to attach the screen. then I flipped the frame over and stapled the next layer on the other side.

Screen absorber installed and put away for the night.

Here the glazing is finally installed and it looks like something. Standing the panel up for the first time it looks bigger than I thought! In hindsight installing it on the patch of wall to the right would have been the best idea. I can still do that.

This is what I put over the ducting to keep out mosquitoes. Notice the really bad way of getting power out of the house the previous owner had installed. I ripped this out and had power properly routed.

That's all I have folks! Hope you enjoyed.
pletby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pletby For This Useful Post:
Daox (02-10-16), jeff5may (02-10-16), where2 (02-07-16)