View Single Post
Old 06-19-15, 12:33 PM   #2
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Ok, I'll bite. I had a quote done by "Mr. Solar" Solar Panels for Sale for Your Home & Business when I was building my second solar array. I even paid tham a nominal amount to have the blueprints they were working from drawn up so I could see all the details. In the end, I wound up spending a little extra to hire a local guy to design and order the parts for the system I chose.

I decided the extra money would be well spent to have a solar trained person who would come and help if I had a problem. Since everything eventually has problems, I feel it is money well spent.

If you really want to DIY, read a few of the threads related to others building their own on this site, or on the Build It Solar website. BuildItSolar: Solar energy projects for Do It Yourselfers to save money and reduce pollution

Regardless of which way you choose, you can save some money by doing whatever part of the work you are willing/able to do. I didn't want to pay someone to assemble my racking system, or install two dozen solar panels and align them when I was sure I could do that myself. Same with trenching and running counduit for the electrical part of the install.

Mark
gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote