View Single Post
Old 11-27-12, 04:03 PM   #1352
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Brad C & AC_hacker
Today spent a lot of time lowering the charge and adjusting the pressures. Slowly increasing the charge during the day. As it happens suction of 75 psi and head 300 psi are the pressures providing ample heat. The shop is slowly warming. It went from 12 DegC to 18 DegC The office floor is going along for the ride as well. Its at 18 DegC as well. The current draw is 11amps. If the compressor has to run 24/7 to keep the shop warm thats about $1000.00 for the season. Hopefully I can shut it down for a few hours as I believe its producing a little more heat than with the cap tube. Well its better than Oil.

Thanks for the though Brad C on the R22 that had run accross my mind to. I was thinking the industry is moving to the higher pressure R410 must be for some reason and maybe this is why. This higher pressure R410 may allow for a larger window of heating cooling capability. During the summer air-conditioning season will I need to adjust the TXV or can I leave it be at those pressures??

I think my next move is more insulation and I have an entrance door thats a little leaky. The last part of the day was spent on the controls. The control system will take input from two thermostats one for the office floor and the other for the shop air handler. The relays will operate the zone valves and start the heat-pump and circ.pumps.

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote