View Single Post
Old 10-29-17, 11:19 PM   #15
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Its natural for me to watch the numbers like a hawk.
Have 3 years of graphs on hand to draw from to upload with daily power consumption vs the average outside temperature to compare to this upcoming years numbers.
The kill a watt meter numbers are priceless they show elapsed time vs power consumption.

Have been and will be keeping the house at 21 to 22c so can enjoy some savings in the form of heat , enough of 18 and 19c. I have grown weary of it.
Its been 20 days with the portable but the heating season does not really begin until November.

So far the consumption about the same as its always been about $57 bucks in electricity a month with utilities about $33 of that is for heat

The unit was cycling on and off every 10 minutes after the duct was added so I put it on a timer at 1hr off 1/2 hour on cycle for a 33% run time. Tonight will be a test its been good with that setting for the last 4 hours or so.

In closing we have a few nights with 2 an 1*c night time temps coming up I will be sure to watch it Kwh consumption closely and will post its day time Kwh usage vs night time results / numbers.

I will be sure to log them and post the numbers maybe with a few charts for accuracy .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote