View Single Post
Old 01-21-16, 08:35 AM   #25
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Before this announcement you had to buy a tesla to get this much range. That car is what 70-100 K
Putting this car out is amazing they can do this and before any other car company did anything like this range for this price.

The new Volt is coming in Feb 2016 and it will be a 2017 car very strange.

Do not feel too bad about paying for it. It is not a tax rebate it is a tax credit. So you only get to keep your own money only if you owe it. If you do not owe it you don’t get the credit. If it was a rebate then someone that paid no taxes at all would still get it back and you and I would be paying for that.
Clearly used EV’s will work out better for a lot of people. This is the first 200 + mile lower cost EV to hit the market early adopters are always going to pay more.

Look at CA pollution and Tokyo this kind of car has a place.
Most EV charge overnight this is when the grid has the most unused capacity. So this works out very well.

Battery technology is changing fast and having car companies with EV experience is very important.

I do believe ever car owner should do the math like you did to see if a EV is right for you. They will not be right for everyone.

I should add that even if you have solar power. You will still have to plan your solar capacity to cover charging a EV based on how many miles you drive a year. If you drive a lot the gas savings will outpace the other savings. Even at todays prices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 01-21-16 at 09:40 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
gasstingy (01-21-16)