View Single Post
Old 06-10-17, 10:26 AM   #147
Roostre
EcoLearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdun View Post
I've read through this thread and thanks for all the information! Just this week I finally succeeded in getting the permit to proceed with my solar installation from my city (they certainly didn't want to make it easy to do). I have an electrician who I'm going to have do the main parts, but I'm planning to do the installation of the panels on the roof myself.

I'm installing a 6.38 kW system with 22 REC 290 Watt panels, SolarEdge SE7600a-us grid tie inverter, power optimizers, & Snap 'N Rack mounting system.

Roostre, I saw you live in Utah, which is where I live too (in Utah County) and I'm wondering if there's anything you'd do differently now in hindsight, whether working with Rocky Mountain Power, city inspector, or the installation/equipment?
Awesome! Welcome to the DIY Solar club!

Hindsight...hmmm.
1. Don't wait until winter.
2. Have set deadlines in writing with sub-contractors.
3. Require personal review of plans PRIOR to the sub submitting them to the city.
4. Go bigger right from the start if possible. I now want to add 8-10 panels to my shop in the back as it "sees" sunlight for longer year round.

Rocky Mountain Power was professional and easy to work with in every way. I have zero complaints with them and would like to give them kudos for the job well done.

I live in Alpine; again these folks were the epitome of professional and went out of their way to help us with a sub that was less than helpful. They rushed our re-submittal through to try and help ensure we met the Dec 31st deadline. The city inspector was only here about 20 minutes and had only good things to say about our install.

So far the SolarEdge equipment has been flawless. The monitoring portal had some discrepancies, but one e-mail to their staff and it was fixed a few days later.

I'm glad people are finding this post useful and acting on it! If you have questions on anything you run into; post them here. The folks on this board have a depth of knowledge that I find amazing and intimidating at the same time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please don't use photobucket... there are a ton of good posts on here that make no sense because the picture is locked by photobucket's paywall.
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roostre For This Useful Post:
antdun (06-14-17)