View Single Post
Old 10-08-17, 08:03 AM   #50
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robaroni View Post
The best option is an intertie/off grid system. Why run batteries into the ground everyday? My system keeps the batteries topped off and sells excess power back to the grid. This way my batteries last indefinitely and are there when I need them. The energy I sell to the grid is returned at night when I need it. I tell people not to go off grid unless they have no other option.
Ive since decided to do grid tie with solar edge and power optomizers . P320 and solar edge hd 6000. Had pretty much thought about the microinverters . But after several weeks on youtube and on this site decided the optomizers were going to be what i go with . Will be ordering those on monday from renvu. Unless i find somewhere cheaper to go with.
Had a company try to tell me that the power optomizers may not work and would throw error codes with my ecosolargy 230 watt panels. I couldnt find any where i could 100% confirm this in writing but after looking at the specs i am almost positive that was a sales tactic to make me get emphase from them.

But in the future i may add a small battery bank for backup for small things . The power grid here is very reliable unless you have a bad storm. We didnt even loose power in this little hurricane that just came through last night.
nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote