View Single Post
Old 09-13-12, 01:17 AM   #1313
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Trying to Set the Beast Free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
... a link for a "DIY geothermal heat pump" that you could build for under $1000.00. It had some good pictures in the video and promised to show you how to convert an old window A/C unit and even make your own welder from an old Teflon frying pan and an old sandwich maker... AC Hacker, if you are the guy selling this info, more power to you. I'm only up to page 12 of the thread and I can see how much effort you've put into this. You deserve to get something back. If you're not the info salesman, then someone is stealing your images and your hard work and making a profit off of them...
Sirius,

First off, I am not the guy selling any information... this is the first time I have heard of it.

Second, The entire Homemade Heat Pump Manifesto is information that I have freely released in the hope of making a technology more available to anyone and everyone. The entire 'Manifesto' is freely available (it is in the public domain) to anyone to use for any purpose, including selling it. However, because it is in the public domain, no one, not me, not you, not the guy who is selling the information for $49.97 has an exclusive right to the information... In fact, you can sell the information for $29.97 if you want.

I have personally rejected the idea of trying to monetize the 'Manifesto' in any way, and there have been hundreds of people who have urged me to do so... but as I indicated on page 1, it is to attempt to remedy the dilemma that people of lesser means can't afford to buy a cheaper way to heat their homes, that I did the work that I did.

My best hope is that some innovative souls would take the ideas and experiences I have tried to present clearly and improve on them, and ultimately, we will all benefit from such efforts. Vlad and randen and Brad_C and many others, too many to count, have certainly contributed to the fund of available information.

Thank you for bringing this information about someone selling parts of the 'Manifesto' to my attention. But it is actually part of a greater plan. You see, I am trying to set the beast free.

And finally, yes it has been a lot of work... it still is, but it is work that I have very much enjoyed. My reward is other people's success.

By the way, as of this writing, the 'Manifesto' has gotten 323,921 hits... that's pretty close to 1/3 of a million!

Yes, I think the beast has caught a whiff of the sweet smell of freedom.

Best,

-AC_Hacker

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 09-13-12 at 09:31 AM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC_Hacker For This Useful Post:
charlesfl (09-15-12)