View Single Post
Old 01-30-11, 04:52 PM   #2
S-F
You Ain't Me

Yeah the snow just keeps coming and isn't really melting. I'm out in Western MA (Northampton) and we don't get as much snow as the rest of the state but we are swamped! My mother in Maynard has been getting automated phone calls from the police department telling her to shovel her roof. She's got at least 6" more snow on the ground than I do. Probably more. It's no "blizzard of 78" but if we get one more good storm before it warms up again no one in the Berkshires is going to be able to shovel their drive ways because they won't have anywhere to put the snow. I have to be grateful though. It hasn't been as cold as it could be. In 2003, I think it was, I was living in Lowell and we went 18 days without it getting above 0F. We had an unstoppable bout of storms that year too. The Apt. Bldg. I was in had snow piled up to the second story windows. Insanity. When solar power becomes more efficient/less toxic I'm going to quickly say " F the grid" and go completely 0 footprint. This stuff is just ridiculous. They can take my car too. As much as I love working on it, it’s a pig. Internal combustion? In this day and age where watching a movie off of a plastic platter is wildly obsolete? Where is my hover board? Or my cold fusion hover car for that matter?

Oh also…. Batteries suck. We need an alternative for those pieces of garbage. Solar power would be much more interesting, even with its wide array of current limitations, it batteries weren’t such trash.
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote