View Single Post
Old 12-09-16, 09:55 PM   #215
b420ady
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMPHIS91 View Post
Thanks Doax!

AC,
Yeah you just pointed out my biggest concern at the very beginning. The show WILL go on.
Oh the ground here is AMAZING! Plus in about 40-50 feet from a large 2 acre pond. So hitting water will ALWAYS happen. I already have 500 feet for HDPE 3/4 poly pipe in the pond for a geothermal loop idea I was already working on to heat my greenhouse (aquaponics) in the winter.
I have about 10 hours of reading ahead of me. I did find some good sites though.
http://welldrillingschool.com/course...geothermal.pdf "copper has sq.ft-hr-°F per inch of wall thickness, whereas that of HDPE pipe is only 2.7 Btu/sq.ft-hr-°F per inch"
And another forum mentioned using a oil separator, i guess like this one 1 3 8" HVAC Oil Separator 559011 | eBay
Looks from what I can tell the line coming from the HX coil is larger on the way down and smaller on the way up. So I'm thinking 3/8 down, 5/16 up. I will try one 30 foot bore hole and if it doesn't work I'll just drill another hole.
Are there any people with experience with DX installs on this site?
AQUAPONICS , wow I love that, can you show us some photos or videos with your aquaponics setup ,I researched for years about earthships and aquaponics and dream to build my own farm totally off grid and self sufficient. I m planning on using sun as main energy source but not using commercial solar panels instead more advanced stuff combined with vertical wind generator, anyway this is a very long topic on its own.

About heating greenhouses in the winter you might better consider building buried greenhouses were just the roof is exposed to the elements and you took advantage of the constant earth temperature.... this model was arrived here in Romania from China in small scale and works wonderfully for growing tomatoes at -20 C .... combined with a aquaponics system were you also heat the water with a solar heat exchanger if you want to raise tilapia and supplement the water heating with a heat pump

In the race for efficiency we should first use the passive sources that cost just at the beginning when you do the design and construction of the greenhouse (example the buried greenhouses), after that use some extra solar power (adding solar water heater to add more heat exactly were we need it the most were are the fishes) and even thou we love them so much, we could use the heat pumps just for extreme needs so at the end our tomatoes don t have included in them some KW/h of electricity from the local coal powered electric plant
I mean it might fell strange in the plate for some .... joking
b420ady is offline   Reply With Quote