View Single Post
Old 10-07-12, 04:29 AM   #3
brian
Lurking Renovator

the existing basement wall (house foundation) had been insulated with 2 inches of SM and drywalled before the wood shed addition. the three wood shed walls will have 2 inches of grooved truefoam with wood strapping anchored in concrete, 2 additional inches of foam oriented 90 degrees will be laid over this with all seams taped. 1/4 inch plywood with 3 1/2 screws will hold second layer of insulation. R-value of insulation has manufacturer rating of 3.85/inch giving a 15.4 foam rating. Since my heatcalc manual is at office I didn't do a complete wall R-value calculation.
The ceiling has been spray foamed (rough job as it was my first attempt) with about 1 to 1.5 inches then will have cavity filled with fiberglass R20 and covered with 1/4 plywood.
We left 4 inches of exposed concrete at floor level since the original wall concrete form construction left wood bracing through wall and we need to examine perimeter drainage to ensure dry floor. At a future date we will be examining floor insulation.
Following pics show work in progress.
Attached Images

brian is offline   Reply With Quote