View Single Post
Old 09-15-10, 06:22 AM   #8
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowbodies View Post
Wow, that attic looks strikingly similar to my except I've brought the chimney down to just below the floor level of the attic. If your chimney is as full of creosote as my was, I highly recommend against blowing any air down it. And definite seal any openings if you decide to remove anymore of it - the creosote and cement dust will create an enormous mess.
Nah, the inside of the chimney is pretty clean actually, just a lot of cob-webs atm.

The attic got a good amount of cellulose blown in a while back, dust isn't too big and issue I don't think. If it is I'm sure I could filter it easily enough.

Thanks for the link skyl4rk. I just wonder how much heat there will be up there in winter. Robertsmalls says 4hrs a day which IMO seems like a healthy amount of otherwise free heat. Its hard to tell by those graphs though.

A heat pump wouldn't be a bad idea, but again I don't know how warm it'll be. All I have is the logged data from the first post. If the time window to pull heat is very small its probably not worth the work of trying to set one up.

Anyone got any info on an inexpensive data logger? I could use an arduino to make my own, but I don't have time right now for another project unfortunately. Most of the ones I've seen are very expensive for more than one channel logging ($100+).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post: