View Single Post
Old 05-20-11, 04:48 PM   #9
S-F
You Ain't Me

What about down the hole hammer drills? Doesn't sound like something that you could DIY. I wonder how much such gear costs. The house I'm about to move into has a decent Buderus boiler (gas fired) and radiant baseboards so I'm not particularly itching ATM to start digging. But some day the boiler will buy the farm and I will have a huge PV array so geothermal will start looking pretty nice. When I install the HRV I will make sure to size the duct work for geo. But the obstacle is the digging. I may have to just bite the bullet and hire a well digger. I will be conducting an experiment this summer. I will be cooling the computers in the house geothermally. I want a 30' well. Once all of the renovations are done I'll start thinking more seriously about that. For now the giant bank of radiators I have for cooling will be sufficient.

BTW, if anyone thinks a certain post in particular should be listed in the OP let me know either via PM or by posting here. I'm toying with ideas of how to organize the index. I'm thinking about by topic and by poster.

Last edited by S-F; 05-20-11 at 04:53 PM..
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote