View Single Post
Old 12-03-10, 06:38 AM   #36
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercellman View Post
I have a few questions though:
Do you think the knots in the pine might cause your boards to warp unevenly?
I'm far from a professional carpenter so I can't say how things will be effected over time. I do know I was pretty picky when I selected the boards at the store to make sure they were straight.

Quote:
What might you do to combat this?
The frames will definitely be stored in a way that keeps them flat.

Quote:
Do you have kids or pets? I ask because it appears you have a film product that is about 1 mil thickness, and thinking this might be a little weak if you plan on using it year after year or for summer ac season as well. Ive been looking into something between 2 and 5 mil thick. Thoughts?
I do have a dog, and she does get her paws up on the windows here and there. I'd rather not go with a thicker material as it'll block more light from coming through. We'll see how it works out. I'm not horribly concerned at this point. If one or two get holes in them it really wouldn't be that hard to pull off that sheet and put on a new one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote