View Single Post
Old 12-06-08, 05:32 PM   #26
Daox
Administrator

I'll also mention my cousin built a raised platform to retain at least some storage after the cellulose is blown in. It is large enough for about two 4x8 sheets of plywood. We're not planning on using it for much but decided now was a good time to do this instead of finding out we need it later.

My next step is going through the attic, putting the fiberglass insulation back down in areas. Right now I have two piles of fiberglass on each end of the attic that was placed randomly around the attic.

I also have to build a barrier and insulated cover for the attic access to minimize heat loss through the access. This will be made of polystyrene. I think I'm also gonna need to put something above the polyiso insulation as it may not be tall enough to hold back the cellulose after its all blown in. I'll probably just staple in some cardboard or something.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote