View Single Post
Old 03-30-22, 03:31 PM   #4
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I would like one too but the only one on the market that will do what I want is the Cub Cadet as I not only mow but I move my trailer with it and other towables which you can't do even with a gas powered ZTR because they use high speed transmissions that can't handle any load on them.

That said... The Cub Cadet is $4600... Course a gas powered one is now $2200 which is $900 more than they were last year. My issue is batterys and controllers motors and warranty.
The warranty is super short for an item of that price.

In 5 years with no warranty and if the battery needs replacing what will it cost and will it still be in production to even buy as you can't use old stock batteries.

What about replacement electronics as they are under high loads and are going to be running in extremely hot temps which are tough on them and the battery. And replacements?

Same goes with motors.

Now if they were using off the shelf generic parts I'd be more optimistic.

Lots of things to think about on the cost of ownership of them as repairs are going to be allot more expensive and harder to get parts. They also have had allot of problems with the previous mower and the current one so it's not ready for prime time IMO.

If you go back a few years Raven had a Hybrid mower with a removable deck that had electric spindle motors. I really wanted one as it also doubled as a 7K watt generator.

I will say for now I'd like to convert mine to propane for a few reasons but there is nowhere to put the tank and converting Kohler engines is more expensive than others due to their odd carb they use. So you have to use a generic kit.
Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote