View Single Post
Old 02-28-18, 09:51 AM   #65
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

One of my radiator brackets was missing.
One radiator top bracket made. I will pick up one sometime when I get a chance and I am picking up other stuff.

I just don't like the feel of the OEM flex hoses the rubber almost has a brittle feel front is worse than the back. Off to rock auto I just ordered new all hoses. Safe and dependable is what I am going for.

The wheel cylinders are installed. Now time to rebuild the Calipers (all rubber parts the slider bolts are new) all those parts are here.

My rotors get delivered tomorrow the rubber flex brake lines have shipped. I am replacing front and back.

I finally paid the car sales tax yesterday wen to DMV got a plate and transferred the title to my name and my sons name.

We are getting very close to getting it on the road. I have never driven the car I sure hope the transmission is good. The sell said it was good but he also said it did not burn oil.
I know it burned oil the two bottom rings were frozen on the pistons. I hope he was truthful about the transmission. I will know soon the transmission fluid looks new.

I still hope the transmission is good it was his daily driver until the head gasket went out.

Bad news on the caliper rebuild the one piston has a nick in it and the inside both calipers were pitted. I am going to return the rebuild kits.
I ordered new calipers from Rock Auto. CARDONE Ultra Premium Caliper Exclusive Weatherproof Coating.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...1266825&jsn=44

I have to return the cores but they have a 10 year 100,000 mile Warranty.

The brakes should work great the only thing left is the brake lines I rebuilt the master cylinder.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 04-24-18 at 01:59 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote