View Single Post
Old 08-15-16, 08:38 AM   #63
Roostre
EcoLearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrTwister View Post
I would have seriously considered a Volt , instead of the Leaf , but a used Volt was more scarce / expensive & had more miles on the clock .

God bless
Wyr
Congrats on your foray into the EV world! I also work in an electrical occupation (power gen and distribution) and I am curious if your background in herding electrons made you more curious than the average consumer about EVs?

Our '13 Volt has been ours for 1 year now. We also have a 2012 Leaf for about 9 months. The reason the Volt is holding its value so much better is due to its extra versatility. You give up nothing with the Volt, but the Leaf can be limiting at times.

The SO and I both have charging stations available at our employers. She drives the Leaf most days and her commute is 33 miles each way. Still showing 11 bars, but she is a lead foot. We also installed new Ecopia 422s a few months ago. It seems like they took a long time to break in, but the economy numbers are starting to stay well above 4 miles per kwh now. (Not bad considering she drives 72-75mph almost the entire distance).

Last edited by Roostre; 08-15-16 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: clarity
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote