View Single Post
Old 08-14-16, 09:17 PM   #62
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randen View Post
Wyrtwister

Thats what I'm getting at. Level 2 chargers are not up-to the task. To be a truly useful vehicle a faster more powerful charge is what we need to be more what a gas car had presented. Tesla has it with their supercharge 15 mins gets you there and back. The installations of public charge stations with a level 2 (J1772) are already obsolete.

The battery tech with the Volt and Leaf can handle the riggers of high power charging but the infrastructure isn't there and is so last century.!!

Imagine a fast charge for a Nissan Leaf 24 kph battery with a Tesla like supercharge would be only minutes. LIKE or quicker than getting gasoline!!!

And there is another rub. The Nissan Leaf cannot accept the Tesla supercharge. Elon Musk has stated he would allow other manufactures to utilize Tesla charge structure if they would help invest in the deployment of the systems. And why are they sitting on their hands??? Pony up, make the cars more useful. Leafs are nice cars. Imagine being able to take long trips with them??

Randen
I am not saying you are wrong . But there are no CHAdeMO DCFC stations with in driving distance of our 2012 Leaf .

I can complain about it , but it is what it is .

Besides , w/o an active thermal management system for the Leaf battery , I am not sure if the Leaf battery is happy with DCFC ?

God bless
Wyr
WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote