View Single Post
Old 12-08-18, 12:16 PM   #32
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

My sub compact tractor did a great job partly filling in the trench.

I was able to get over 400’ of the trenches partly filled in before the 3 days of rain we are having.

I took the packing off the Geo Unit.
I ordered and was invoiced for Desuperheater hot water feature but it does not have one installed.

This is such a bummer I have a lifetime warranty hot water buffer tank being trucked shipped it WAS $924 tank.

I sent place I bought Geo Unit form an email and a Voice mail.

Nick the owner just called me he said not to worry he would make it right and get me the unit with the Desuperheater hot water feature ship this one back. No cost to me. Can't ask for better service than that. Anyone can sell you something it what they do when things don't go as planed is whats important.

I had a guy quote me putting in my Geo he wanted to replace all my duct work and wanted 6K to do the job. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
He wanted 3K upfront before starting work. I would never do that ever.

I had another company come out to give a quote you could tell he did not want the job and I left him a message couple times he did not even give me a quote.

Another company was going to come yesterday and today never showed up.
Never called to say they would not show up. if they treat me this way before the sale just think how they would be after getting paid.

It looks like I will be installing the unit myself. It is 357 pounds I will need to put down plywood in the crawl space and use moving dollies to get to the location about 25’ into the crawl space.

I have pallet forks for my tractor I should be able to put it in the doorway of the crawl space.

I have never done ductwork before other than taping and applying mastic.
I watched some youtube videos making custom plenum it did not look that hard. I saw a place in Greenville that you could order a custom one made maybe I will check into that.

I might be able to take out my AC coil and use that box to connect to the supply side.
Anyone that has done this type of work I am open to suggestions.
Or point me to a good how to.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 12-08-18 at 01:52 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote