View Single Post
Old 06-24-12, 12:22 PM   #27
Vern2
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Xringer,

I wish I could come up with some earth shattering vision for you, because I've done so much reading on PV panels and PV systems. Your doing a lot of things right. My biggest help is try not to do any converting from dc to battery back to ac the loss is greater then 50%. If your building something for the end of the world scenario, don't bother. Food and water may be a better option. If your building somthing to save money, my suggestions may help.

Because I reached a conclusion on this, I can tell you what I've done.

1) Best PV system, is one that tracks the sun.

2) Next best is tilt array.

3) Last - fixed tilt, depending on when you want productivity, winter, summer.

I went with a tilt system where I can produce max electric, winter or summer. If my total production reduces my consumption, I feel I'm getting the most out of my pv system. Everything I generate during sun light, connected to the grid, will be subtracted from my night time use of electricity.

If your thinking black-outs. You can't do it, without batteries. As you charge batteries everyday, being ready for a black-out, how many days, of being prepared, during the year are there?

Sounds like a generator is a better option. Use your PV for reduces my consumption.

Vern

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vern2 is offline   Reply With Quote