View Single Post
Old 01-08-09, 02:40 PM   #8
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxr7 View Post
I have a daily production # for yesterday. When I came home from work the Kill A Watt said 40 watt hours, so total production was 80 watt hours @ 230 volts. That was a little surprising since the sun never made an appearance at all, it snowed on and off all day.

Woo Hoo, I made almost a penny of electricity . No, but really, I was happy. Over night the standby loss didn't even register a change on the kill a watt, so that was also cool. Now I just need a sunny day to really make some power.
My panels were under the snow mostly all day. They made the worst production since 21st Nov. : 322Wh. For 3000Wc installed, this is 0.1Wh/Wc... Of course the inverter switched on lately and it took a long time before producing. I found the production was more stable when the snow cover was even. As soon as the snow cover had holes, the production was varying quickly. When the sun set, there was always some snow on the panels, but as the clouds disappeared during the last hour their production was maximal for today.

My panels are roof integrated and directed to West with an angle of 20° from horizontal. At sunrise they doesn't receive light directly but even in cloudy weather they are producing before receiving direct light.

The angle of your panels is more important so they shouldn't have any snow cover

My averages are :
  • 0.61Wh/Wc for the last 10 days of Nov. 2008
  • 0.59Wh/Wc for Dec.2009
  • 0.39Wh/Wc for the first 8 days of Jan. 2009
Rather bad weather...

Your panels produced 80Wh for 280Wc so 0.3Wh/Wc which is better than mine, but I don't have the choice of orientation (they had to be integrated to the roof) while yours are optimally oriented. Our latitudes seam close, mine is 43.6°N.

I know my wattmeter is bad to measure low power (<10W). As my panels were mainly under 100W today, yours may have been under 10W. Between my inverter and the selling counter there is a difference the latter is slower with low power and faster with higher power, which leads to a 7% gain

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote