View Single Post
Old 09-18-16, 12:21 PM   #59
pelotin
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrTwister View Post
Not to say this is the " correct " way . But to clarify ;

I used Nylog Blue on the mating surface of the " stationary " brass fitting , inside and " back side " of the copper flare and inside of the flare nit . Also inside threads of the flare nut and outside threads of the " stationary " brass fitting .

I tightened it down , loosened it off and tightened it down . More than once .

I had obsessed about 45 degree or 37 degree flare . Pretty sure my old Craftsman flare tool was 45 degree .

To me , it appeared , the lubricated surface of both sides of the flare , would form fit to the brass ( the copper being softer ) .

So , to me , it seamed 45 degree or 37 degree would work it self out on its own . Either that , or I had lucked out & the correct flare tool , in the first place .

I started out with 50' rolls of copper , so I had plenty to cut off a piece of both small and large lines , to practice making flares .

Best of luck , my friend .

God bless
Wyr
You don't have to be an expert to do hvac flares using this tool, it makes perfect flares every single time just leave the copper pipe 1/8 of an inch above the flaring tool and you will get a perfect 45 degree flare. See the tool below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
pelotin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pelotin For This Useful Post:
stevehull (09-18-16)