View Single Post
Old 04-26-13, 12:58 PM   #30
scottorious
Helper EcoRenovator

I have only owned my house for a year now so I have not had much time to ecomod it yet. I'm currently remodeling the entire second floor which is getting a lot of insulation, Wiring to accomodate DC lighting and an DC brushless motor driven fan in the bathroom for settings such as when you just want enough airflow to remove unwanted smells or when you need to quickly remove excess heat and humidity. I have only installed an on demand water heater. I have experimented with solar ovens quite a bit in the past and aeromodded a 99 saturn sc2 to get 52 mpg highway. Pictures for the saturn can be found on facebook(it has its own facebook page) the project was called ecorod. Currently I am working to improve the already fantastic fuel mileage of my 1986 honda elite 150. I built a picaxe controlled Power Meter that would give an update on power used every 15 seconds however since they changed out my meter for the new power smart pricing meter I have to recalibrate it and may not worry about it because my power bill will include a 24 hour breakdown. My house is on septic and used to have all the gray water flow into a cistern, past homeowners changed that and had some gray water flowing into the septic so I rerouted all gray water to use the cistern(I haven't devised any pump to use this water but I will). To lessen the load on the septic I built a nice little composting toilet(it stays outside and is only used when its warm enough to have your pants down outside). I guess I can't forget the bubble wrap on the windows this last winter. So I guess I'm not a supreme ecorenovator yet but as time and money allow I will certainly be working on projects.
scottorious is offline   Reply With Quote