View Single Post
Old 12-06-10, 06:31 AM   #37
Daox
Administrator

While I'm working to get heat in the garage to finish up the frames, I've come up with a temporary solution to the cold sunroom. In my office (labeled living room), I have bent 3/4 of the fins to be straight on the register (red mark). This makes the flow of air out of the register blow straight into the sunroom (air flow shown in orange). Previous to this (airflow shown in green), the vent was blowing to each side. The blue mark represents the thermostat. The air from the vent was blowing right on it! This was causing a lot of short cycling (detected with my new TED5000) and I'm sure a lot of energy loss because of it. With this setup, the sunroom is now getting within 1-3 degrees of the temperature of the office and is MUCH more comfortable. However, I'm still very much looking forward to installing the interior storm windows as I have now just increased my heating load and thus energy usage.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote