View Single Post
Old 06-17-17, 09:40 AM   #8
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

It looks like the car in question uses quick disconnect fittings and o-ring seals for the connection to the evaporator. You will want to source the fittings and tools to make this connection. I doubt the flaps is going to have a loaner tool for that, but you could get lucky. I'm not sure if the tool is the same as those for fuel and heater hoses, but it looks to be the same type. The parts boss will know what fits and what fittings and seals to use. You may get lucky and find hose ends in the help part section or at the Parker store.

Lookz like dis. I sees me walkin into pull-apart with a yellow thang, a red thang, and a pipe cutter. Walkin out in like 5 minutes with what i needs. YMMV.

Most likely, the evaporator tubes are metric. Standard flares ain't gonna fit. Also, the qd fittings are parts of dedicated assemblies. The one line looks to be part of the receiver dryer, the other a composite rubber aluminum assembly that may or may not have the metering device at the other end. Some of them have a well for the orifice tube, some of them a fitting for an expansion valve. Either way, the salvage yard is going to be the cheapest option. Or you can swedge and flare to inch size. Or you can try not to melt it. Or you can chop up your new part and try not to break it too bad.

Last edited by jeff5may; 06-17-17 at 10:21 AM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote