View Single Post
Old 10-15-13, 04:53 PM   #98
jlaw
Learning to save

I have been buying my LED lamps from Tmart: Thousands of Products, Manufacturer Price, Free Shipping Worldwide. They have a huge selection and great information on lamp brightness equivalents to incandescent and cfl.
Remember if you want a right white color you need to get a lamp temperature from 5000 to 7000 kelvin. A more yellow or cool white would be in 3000 to 4000 kelvin range.
The corn row style lamps, they look just like a corn cob with rows of leds on the side and some on the end, give a much broader light distribution. The globe shapes give some dispersal but more limited. Some are just spotlights.

Tmart.com has charts that will describe the different features and compare to other lamps. The E14 size base is a standard screw in bulb. I was somewhat disappointed that they do not at this time have an E12 size base which is the equivalent of candelabra bases becoming much more common.

Have a look at thewebsite if just for the useful information you don't find other places, especially Lowes. Very low prices, lots of choices, cost includes shipping, one drawback is long ship time from Hong Kong. I have always received my products as described and they are very prompt in responding to inquiries and they do have some stuff in US wharehouses.

I hope this helps someone. My LED lamps are working great and I have purchases the corn row stle, small spotlight style, and the globe style. they are all used for different purposes. My experience has been to up size wattage a step above what you think is enough.
jlaw is offline   Reply With Quote