View Single Post
Old 12-17-12, 09:17 PM   #1382
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randen View Post
The homemade GSHP for the shop needed some control. The two thermostats would call for heat for the shop area and/or the office in floor heat. The ground loop circulation pump and the infloor/air handler pump will start followed by the 10 min timer for the compressor to start. This is incase of a power drop-out that the compressor wouldn't restart with head pressure. The zone valves will open as per demand by the thermostat.
Made the control up old school with some small relays from old projects in keeping with the build it from recycled goodies. I tried to incorporate the solid state relays but for some reason they wouldn't function. Had to go back to a wound coil relay. Damm. The LEDs indicate which thermostat is calling for heat and which zone valve is open.
The thermostats are programable. Today Monday each came out of weekend set-back at 6:00am and warmed the shop to about 18Deg C and the office floor to 24Deg C so far so good. We'll have to wait and see what effect -24deg C nights will do.

Randen
What did you use to provide signal to the SSR as mine are 24VAC for the trigger and yours is a VDC input. I just blew one 125A which failed to closed, which they are not supposed to do, because I didn't put the unit on a big heat sink. I knew better and still didn't do it. It caused 12kw of elecric elements to stay on and reach 108C in a 120 gal water tank. Off went the PRV.
Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote