View Single Post
Old 01-09-14, 10:03 AM   #32
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default Solar hot water space heating for the shop

Here it is, a new year and the Canadian is dragging his feet on the project. Jan 09 is a sunny cold day with an expected high of -6 Deg. C. Mikesolar was curious if any activity had occurred. Not. Except for a few risers nothing has been done.

Again the day is sunny and the house is getting the free heat for the day. Only if the shop could make the same claim. Other little odd time-consuming jobs are being knocked off.

Something cool happened this morning. I apologise for not getting a photo, the eco-renovators may be able to mentally picture this. Yesterday, full sun heated the house as well as the garage. As a daily occurence my wife parked her car in the garage last evening. She had expressed her like to have a warm car in the morning and I find that a floor temp of 21 Deg. C. room temp. 16 Deg. C. is warm enough.

With this floor temperature the accumulated ice and snow melts over nite and the car and garage floor is dry in the morning when she leaves.

Upon opening the garage door this morning with the outside air temp -16 Deg. C. a plume of warm moisture laden air condensed and made a cloud of vapour.
She was amazed as the car emerged from the sauna. I believe she now agrees the garage is warm enough.

I like that its a fine display of solar heating.:thumbup

Randen

Attached Images

Last edited by Daox; 01-09-14 at 10:05 AM..
randen is offline   Reply With Quote