View Single Post
Old 06-30-12, 03:58 PM   #1
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Default Soda Bottle lawn sprinkler

Soda Bottle Sprinkler

The other day, it was over 100 degrees. My wife gets over-heated easily as is, and the little girl needed some fun.

We’ve been in a drought and the lawn was looking dry and yellow. What would really be handy is a lawn sprinkler to cool down with! But I didn’t have one!

Heading to my recycling bin (a good place to start on nearly any project) I spotted a 2-liter Coke bottle. Too bad the threads on a soda bottle don’t match up with the threads on a garden hose! Hmmmm…. what would. I noticed that I had a garden hose spigot kicking around. The back end of it is designed to thread right onto a 3/4″ pipe, and the nose goes right to a garden hose!

I threaded the Coke bottle into the end of the spigot, and a double-eneded hose to the front of it. (This is a special hose, with a female connectors on both ends.)

I punched three holes in the bottle with an awl, and turned on the water. Instant summer fun! The little girl loved splashing around in the Redneck Soda Bottle Sprinkler, and the “waste” water helped keep the grass from dying!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Exalta-STA (08-12-12)